Pages

Tuesday 15 November 2011

What Happened

If you've noticed I haven't posted in a few weeks, you could possibly be correct. I haven't got bored of comics or writing about them though. My computer just died.

M was working on some homework and went to save a conference application when the computer just froze. I was still half asleep so I reassured her that the computer freezes all the time and it's no big deal, and that it would unfreeze in 2 or 3 minutes. Worse case scenario, I said, it will blue screen of death and you'll just have to restart it. That's like a 1 in 30 chance though.

It blue screened.

M restarted the computer like I had done plenty of times before and she encountered a problem: "No operating system found".

I guess my computer had a bit of an existential crisis and it just couldn't go on as things were. I did keep a good number of philosophical and literary theory articles on there, any combination of which could have easily broken one's soul. Be it a metaphorical computer soul or no.

So long story short, the computer works again. Works being a generous application of the word given the various other idiosyncrasies that plague the computer that lives beyond its time.I couldn't find my Windows 7 product key though, so I'm running Linux Mint, which has provided me with a whole new set of computer challenges. But the takeaway here is that the I have a computer again and I can resume posting.

Just in time too because tomorrow is release day. I have some lingering #2s to pick up and my first set of #3s. Aside from my computer being down it has been some busy times, so I'm looking forward to dropping another fiscally questionable amount of cash on a trip to the shop tomorrow, and then spending the next week catching up on how Superman and Batman have been doing. I bet it has been awkwardly sexual.

If I had to guess, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment