Pages

Friday 21 October 2011

October 19th Shopping Spree


Wowwee. Grabbed my comics on Wednesday. I grabbed what was on my reserve and then, I grabbed a few more. I keep telling myself that this is 3 weeks of comics so I shouldn't freak out, but I am a little freaked out because this is a big stack of comics and I didn't really think I was the kind of person who would just go in and buy big stacks of comics because they add up and you have to pay for them every month and that isn't in my budget and worse what happens after like 4 months of this and even if I am buying less, where am I going to keep all these comics and am I going to need to get boxes to store them, because after all some of them are #1s and they sold out like Batgirl and Action Comics, not like I expect these things to be worth a lot of money, but you do have to think about these things after all, there is a market for these number ones, especially because who knows how comics are going to be read in a few more years with digital distribution and their sales the way they are and fuck fuck fuck:

Blur added to protect the innocent.
That's right it says forty eight dollars.

It's for three weeks though.

And I didn't buy any Magic cards or action figures so I'm going to chalk this up as still not unhealthy. I want to engage in the critical discussion surrounding this relaunch, and so I have to buy the comics so that I can read them and think about them. I also enjoy reading them. Some of them.

This rationalization will suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment