Pages

Wednesday 19 October 2011

October 5th, 12th, and 19th Pull List: This Shit is Going to Cost Me

I have been irresponsible in purchasing these comics by week. Now I have to go and buy three weeks of comics. I hope not to have much trouble getting all the comics I want since they should be reserved for me, though I can't remember exactly what my reserve list says, but it shouldn't be too far off the below.

Let's do this week by week:

October 5
  • Action Comics - I am really excited about this one. I like the reduced powers Superman. And to see him in the hands of government is a promising story.
  • Animal Man - From what I've seen, this comic is going to get messed up. Love it.
  • Swamp Thing - I'm hoping Swamp thing is actually in this one.

October 12
Oh crap, this month had a stack. Might need to get one of those payday cash loans for tonight.
  • Batgirl - I like Batgirl as a character. Looking forward to more self deprecating inner monologue. I have a feeling this comic might be a little more serious though, dealing with the complications of her PTS.
  • Batwoman - I can't wait to look at this comic. Might also read it too.
  • Frankenstein - This is one of those, I hope this book changes my mind scenarios.
  • Green Lantern - Haha. Oh Green Lantern. People like you, I'll see if I can get it.
  • Resurrection Man - I'm curious to see where this one goes. I'm wonder how the demon school girls plan to cosplay this month. Maybe french maids?
  • Suicide Squad - I'm intrigued by the, kill the entire stadium thing. Please explain #2. Also, let's see some more of that shark guy.

October 19
Good golly. Do you really think this is a good idea? I had plans this weekend.
  • Batman - This is the Batman I chose, and I'll give him a chance. Every other comic I've read him, he's a narrative device. I'm hoping Batman might actually be a character here. Might need a DC encyclopedia to understand the history of all his sidekicks though.
  • Birds of Prey - I'll give this one another shot. Not a lot of enthusiasm for it though. Might feel better if more of the team is involved.
  • Catwoman - Big shit storm of the month award aside, I really dug Catwoman, which I discussed at length. She's funny, in charge, developed, and the comic is obsessed with her body, like almost every other DCnew52 comic was about their female characters. *cough cough Voodoo cough*
  • Wonder Woman - I'm hoping there is less equestrian sacrificial transformations this month. Run sheepies, run!
What is 13 times $3?

Fuck it. It's for my art!

No comments:

Post a Comment