Pages

Saturday 24 September 2011

Everything Hits at Once

That's me.
Stopped off at the comic shop on the way home Wednesday. I wasn't too thrilled about what was being released this week, but M is how women are being represented in this new launch of DC and so wanted Catwoman and Birds of Prey. I went to pick those up and see if anything caught my eye. I ended up with:

  • Birds of Prey
  • Catwoman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Batman
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Yeah, that's right, I grabbed a non-DCnU title there. Unfortunately it's a #2, but nostalgia is a powerful force and Eastman's name is on the cover so I was willing to give it a shot.

I got home and as I approached my apartment door, I saw a box in front of my door. My mail comics had arrived.

I pulled the box into the living room and began unpacking. There was a great deal of packing material but I got down to my individually bagged comics. This added to my haul:

  • Animal Man
  • Frankenstein
  • Suicide Squad
  • Legion Lost
  • Batgirl
  • Batwoman
  • Resurrection Man

I look at that stack now, and remember how just weeks ago I made a comment about a dude with an arm full comics worth approx $30. That's what I see now on my coffee table. Granted, there are a few previous week's releases in there, but still. That distinction that I made between myself and that guy a few weeks ago might be a little less distinct as of Wednesday.

I can feel myself changing. I'm scared guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment