Pages

Tuesday 27 September 2011

What to Buy, What to Buy (DCnU Launch Week 4)

No wires here at all. Nope.
I've been a little quiet this week. I've been busy, but I've also been preparing a post about Catwoman. I'm still trying to let some of the dust to settle in my head and I want to make sure I get this post right as I'm throwing some shit at a fan.

But, since tomorrow is Wednesday, I want to list what comics I plan to pick up tomorrow.

  • All Star Western - Yes. (I didn't see Jonah Hex the movie so I'm relatively unscarred by this book. I'm a sucker for westerns)
  • Aquaman - Yes (I hate Aquaman as a character. A dude from the ocean? What use is he to the rest of the super hero community? Good on beach day? But there's a lot of good buzz, and I would have picked this up anyways. Gotta see how someone would try to make this dude interesting)
  • Batman: The Dark Knight - Maybe (How much Batman can one person take?)
  • Blackhawks - No (I'm burned out on teams, thanks.)
  • The Flash - Yes (I had a friend that was into him. Told me he could run through things and then have them blow up. Better than a water guy.)
  • The Fury of Firestorm - Yes (Co-written by Gail Simone. I have to support female comic writers. Batgirl was also enjoyable.)
  • Green Lantern: New Guardians - Most likely not (Ragtag team? Lanterns? Does not seem like the best choice I could make.) 
  • I, Vampire - No (Unlike westerns, I have no enthusiasm for vampires.)
  • Justice League Dark - Yes (Only because of John Constantine.)
  • Savage Hawkman - No (Hahahahahahahaha)
  • Superman - No (I've already got one Superman thanks)
  • Teen Titans - No (Superboy is going to kill these guys so what's the point?)
  • Voodoo - No (Who do the voodoo?)
We are getting closer to next month. I'm pretty excited about some #2s.

No comments:

Post a Comment