Pages

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Green Lantern, Superboy, & Demon Knights: The B Pull

And in no particular order (spoilers ahead):

Demon Knights

While I don't seem to hate this book as much as everyone else I know, it is not particularly good. Likely the reason I'm not so down on Demon Knights is because I like the idea of a fantasy comic book. Like the idea however...

Superboy

Wow, fantastic example of obvious writing. Subtlety, thy name is not Superboy.

I like the idea of Superboy being a clone of the combined DNA of Lex Luther and Superman, but this comic does nothing with the idea that is all that intriguing. Instead, I guess Superboy is going to fight Teen Titans. Which is dumb. Robin vs Superman < Batman vs Superman.


Superboy would kill Robin. Robin's got a stick.

Green Lantern

This is probably the best of the trio, but I fail to see how this is a reboot. I know enough about the world that I'm not confused where this book starts, and I bet everyone that would pick this up knows enough too, but I still want to complain because this is just a new run, not a reboot. Maybe the DC universe can't handle having all of its heroes rebooted, especially if they want to have all the different lantern corps stories that they have coming out, but I still call foul.

Also, what I failed to remember when I picked up this book: I don't give any sort of shits about lanterns. Especially THE Green Lantern. Hal is boring. I still think he should be black. AND NOT A DAMN BLACK LANTERN, an African American. So yeah, this book fails out the gate because green lanters are booooring, with an extra "o".

No comments:

Post a Comment